Thursday, January 1, 2015

I'm re-learning to be okay with God speaking to me.

It's a new year, and it started off great with friends and family. I was able to see fireworks from a friends home throughout all downtown. Our church friends had one of those wrap-around porches that kind of give you a 180 degree view of the city and the fireworks display all around - it was truly awesome. It's funny, some years I have felt this sort of nostalgia or sense of loneliness in the beginning of things like new years, but not this year. This year I felt a sort of completeness in knowing that I am giving life what I can while I have it. So many things happened this year, and packing them all into one memorable moment would be friendships. I learned a lot, about self-value as well - and it wasn't easy. Sometimes I look back on pictures I have taken from this year, a sunny day, a cloudy day, even family pics, and it's quite apparent that God was speaking to me. God spoke to me when the day was beautiful. God spoke to me when I was surrounded by family. God spoke to me when no one was around, and I felt I should pray and actually did pray. God spoke to me when there was silence. (Ironic.) Sometimes God spoke and I didn 't want to accept His voice, because I felt like I had it all under wraps - 'it's a good day today God, I think I can figure it out from here'. Sadly, this was the case for a lot of moments this year. I know that God gives second chances, but I don't want to continue testing Him. I pray that you all who come to this blog are blessed with a full new year, and that we may both accept the offer God gives us of today. Happy New Years & Happy 2015! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment