Monday, October 6, 2014

Last Seen Love

It was last seen on 241 Wandering Street.
Size: indefinite – dependent upon feat,
Demeanor: irrational,
Countenance: sanguine – if from dishonesty it doth prove abstinence.

I daresay I have spotted it several times
Wandering the streets like a stray creature;
No one would believe me, for their minds have been
Blinded by stuff of a most ephemeral nature.

Its fickle presence depicts a more devious nature
Than society norms would feature.

They say love vanished because of a premature end to its igniting flame,
But I have not found any verity within that famous claim.

So I reminisce.
I reminisce,…….
Of unconditional access to listening ears
Proving faithful, and so calming lachrymose fears,
Of a “friendship caught fire”[1], that does make one unusually inspired, and
Of beaming memory tokens bespeaking understanding.

You see,
When love is in its truest form
It is not simply a fire that dies with a wind or a storm,
No, no…
When fueled with constant care and perseverance,
It is an ever-illuminating light,
It is a warm embrace.

~ R.H.


[1] From Laura Hendricks’s “Love Is Friendship Caught Fire”.

No comments:

Post a Comment