Monday, August 2, 2010

I told God, I told YOU:
"I am afraid, for inside of me I feel things I don't understand, and sometimes I feel like I can't bear it any longer."
You told me:
"Do not fear, for you WILL NOT be ashamed; Nor be disgraced, for you will not be put to shame."1
Me:
"What about all my mistakes that I feel won't go away?"
You:
"..you Will forget the shame of your youth, and will not remember the reproach of your widowhood Anymore."1
Me:
"Is there anyone that could accept me just as I am? Even after knowing me fully?"
You:
I, your Maker, am your Husband. The Lord of Hosts is My name. I am your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; the God of the whole earth.2
Me:
"How is it that you are so consistent - so unfailing in your love for me?"
You:
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways.3 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are my ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts."4
Me:
Surely "Great peace have those who love your law and Nothing causes them to stumble."5

1 Isaiah 54:4
2 Isaiah 54:5
3 Isaiah 55:8
4 Isaiah 55:9
5 Psalms 119:165